Nelsons is the UK’s largest manufacturer of natural healthcare products, operating in the market place for over 150 years with a wide range of brands and products; inspiring generations to live healthier and happier lives. We are proud of our brands - RESCUE range, Bach Original Flower Remedies, Spatone, Nelsons Arnicare, Nelsons Teetha, Nelsons creams including H+Care and Nelsons homeopathic ClikPak range - which are distributed worldwide to over 60 countries.
Reporting to the UK Head of National Accounts, the Senior National Account Manager (SNAM) will be responsible for achieving sales and profit targets for Boots in the UK. The SNAM will proactively manage the relationship between Nelsons and Boots and develop and manage the Sales plan. The SNAM will work to develop account specific sales strategies that will increase sales value, distribution, display and promotional opportunities in the relevant retail partners. The SNAM will work closely with the UK Head of National Accounts and the UK General Manager to develop long term budget, strategy and future outlook for Boots whilst colloaborating with the rest of the sales team on numbers reporting and drive efficiencies within the UK business.
- Business Plan - to prepare and implement an annual business plan for Boots, carrying out regular reviews to ensure key sales and marketing objectives are achieved.
- Prepare a 3 year Joint Business Plan (JBP) in conjunction with Boots that is agreed and signed up to.
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement plans to maximise the sales opportunities.
- Competitor Brands / Activity - using information from trade press and market visits keep abreast of competitor brands / products and counter as required.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop account strategies for the future.
- Plan and implement strategies in accordance with business needs e.g. project implementation.
- Forecast - prepare value and volume forecasts by products and update on a rolling basis. Liaise with the Supply Chain Organisation (SCO) on specific requests and issues.
- Implement and manage the appropriate trading terms and price changes within the company guidelines.
- Range - develop the optimum range of new and core product distribution in accounts, ensuring NPD is listed and launched effectively
- Customer Meetings - maintain regular face-to-face meetings with Buying and Supply contacts. Organise and lead annual strategy meetings with key contacts.
- Manage the agreed expenditure budgets for their customers and work closely with the marketing team to develop trade marketing activities.
- Work with the UK GM & UK Head of National Accounts on yearly budgeting process
- Provide Customer P&L and ROI for each key activity in their accounts and gain approval from UK Head of National Accounts.
- Work with the Customer Service team to resolve any complaints/issues.
- Work with Sales Executive to develop reporting on account EPOS weekly, identifying key areas for action and development.
- Set KPI’s and objectives for their direct report
- Work with their direct report on sales reports, EPOS numbers and a way of sharing with the wider business
- Act as a stand in for the UK Head of National Accounts if necessary in relevant meetings and calls
- Educated to Degree Level
- English and Maths to GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Boots National Account Manager/ Executive, ideally within a Pharmacy, FMCG or Personal Care branded supplier business
- Strong record of building and maintaining customer relationships
- Experience of setting, maintaining and achieving budgets both in turnover and in profit
- Experience of managing margins, customer profitability and sales targets
- Strong understanding of P&L’s
- Proven track record in Sales
- Classical sales training
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and account management skills
- IT literate, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full, clean and valid driving licence
- National Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'