National Account Manager (Children's Toys)
£50,000 - 70,000K depending on experience & car and bonus
Our client is a family owned entrepreneurial SME. Over the last ten years they have seen rapid growth and have benefitted from continued investment.
In line with their sales strategy they are looking to expand their Key Accounts team by recruiting a Senior National Accounts Manager.
The Ideal candidate will demonstrate good track record in account management, and ability to grow business. You will be product/market orientated and have experience of selling children’s toys. You will be used to selling a mid to premium range product into major high street retailers across the UK. Examples include Tesco's, Sainsburys or Primark.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Full Key Account management responsibility for specific accounts with well-known retailers plus smaller growth accounts and some business development
- All aspects of managing the day to day customer communication, co-ordinating with all internal departments
- Account growth, seasonal and promotional new product development and launches, costing/profit analysis by range
- Fostering strong customer relationships to ensure the client is the first point of contact for new business opportunities
- Working closely with Sales Director/New Product Development Manager on new product initiatives by account
- P&L / margin performance responsibility by account
- Instrumental in driving seasonal range reviews by customer to achieve greater share
- Market/gap analysis by customer
- New product proposals and launches - seasonal ranges and promotional opportunities
- Costing/profit analysis by range
- Packaging development
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers at buyer, merchandiser and technologist level
- Must have experience of working in the children's toy industry, ideally manufacturing
- Enthusiastic and hard working with a 'can-do’ attitude
- Entrepreneurial, but structured
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills ideally educated to degree level with GCSE Maths and English
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Ordered, organised and have strong attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently and multi-task in fast moving and varied role
- Personable and able to work well in a team
This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative, collegiate National Accounts team and really contribute to its future strategy.
- Product Development
- Toy Industry
- National Account Management