A Cheshire based company who play a major part in the steel industry, working on large international projects, is seeking an experienced Senior Multi- Skilled Engineer to work within their production facility based in Warrington, Cheshire.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, you will provide engineering support in order to maximise availability and reliability of production facilities and machines. You will undertake required works in order to minimise machine downtime and maximise overall equipment efficiency, as well as accepting responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance and installation activities required and undertaken on site.
As a Senior Multi- Skilled Engineer your duties will be to:
- Comply with Health & Safety procedures and expectations for the site and the engineering or assigned department.
- Ensure compliance with production priorities and best practices to ensure minimum downtime of critical equipment.
- Assist in testing, installing and commissioning of all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Maintain and compile detailed records on maintenance and repair works undertaken on all equipment, including parts used and required for next service, fault reported, repair solution, internal/ external contract repair.
- Train Production Setters in first line preventative checks and maintenance routines as well as basic troubleshooting, including drafting a simple troubleshooting flow chart per machine.
- Implement 5S in the engineering and surrounding areas and maintain levels after completion.
- Comply with COSHH specifications on materials used within the engineering or assigned department.
- Identify, design, produce or organise third party production of ad hoc repairs and modifications as required.
To be a successful Senior Multi- Skilled Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Electrical Engineering qualification essential.
- Experience in a similar position within a multi process/multi line manufacturing and/or heavy engineering environment essential.
- Mechanical fitter qualifications or demonstrated working knowledge.
- Ideally have a Counterbalance FLT licence.
- Problem solving skills and competencies.
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Excellent Communication (written & verbal).
- Educated to a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to follow a plan, prioritise.
- Flexible approach to work with a 'can do’ attitude.
- Possess a drive for success and accomplishment of responsibilities.
- Proactive and Self-confident.
This role will involve initially working on a day shift but would then proceed onto a two-shift system working Monday - Friday 06:00-14:00hrs / 14:00-22:00hrs with shift premiums being paid.
As part of the role, candidates must be flexible to participate in out-of-hours emergency call out system as per defined rota which also include call-out payments.
- Electrical Engineering
- Fork Lift
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'