Mortgage Underwriter, Permanent, Buckinghamshire
Salary £45k+ Bonus + Benefits
My Client are an established Bank looking to recruit a Senior Mortgage Underwriter as they are experiencing significant growth and recent new investment has allowed them to take advantage of launching new products into the market.
Working as part of an established Underwriting team you will support the development of the business in the residential and buy to let mortgages and secured loans markets via the intermediary channel, as required.
As an experienced Underwriter, you will take responsibility for Underwriting larger mortgage loans and deal with more complex cases. You will contribute to the success of the team through mentoring and supporting other team members.
This role would suit an experienced Underwriter looking to take the next step into a more senior role and take on additional responsibilities for supporting and coaching the team.
- Assessment and approval of mortgage, buy to let and secured loan applications within underwriting policy and individual lending mandate.
- Ensure that the principles of MCOB and CONC are adhered to, in full, throughout the processing of the application
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the mortgage is both affordable and sustainable.
- Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self -employment and valuation reports
- Hold an underwriting mandate and the ability to confidently approve/reject applications in line with policy and to communicate your decision to interested parties.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers alike.
- Accurately capture data via origination systems to ensure that all documentation is error free and correct.
- Following completion, register the company’s charge with HM Land Registry in a timely fashion.
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
- Provide some support and mentoring to other less experienced Underwriters
- Minimum of 5 years Underwriting experience within the Residential or Buy To Let Mortgage industry.
- Current Mandate of £500k
- Excellent Knowledge of regulations as it affects mortgages and secured loans such as Treating Customers Fairly and responsible lending
- Ce-Map qualified desirable
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexible with a positive approach to teamwork
If interested, then please apply without delay
- Mortgage Lending
- Mortgage Underwriting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"