Senior Microsoft Software Engineer / Technical Lead - work from home until 2021 - 18 month fixed term contract - superb benefits.
Our forward-thinking Government regulator client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead with substantial expertise as a Microsoft developer to:
- To manage, lead and mentor a small team of developers, in the development of a new environmental scheme.
- To develop, and support applications to scheme requirements, within a formal team structure.
- To lead the technical development of projects.
- To assist in the management of the development team.
- To assist in the implementation of new technologies, and research into strategic new technologies.
- To work closely with the Delivery Manager and/or Product Manager, providing a technical and application perspective throughout the project lifecycle and product lifecycle.
- To suggest and implement improvements to the application development process, such as continuous integration, automation of build, deploy and test etc.
- Development, maintenance, and support of key scheme applications.
- Technical documentation of key business applications.
- Technical ownership of application requirements.
- Line and matrix management of a team of Software Engineers and Automation Engineers.
Key Outputs and Deliverables
- Ensuring that products developed internally and externally are technically and functionally suitable.
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- To work as part of a team with Software Engineers, Automation Engineers, Business Analysts, Delivery Managers, Product Managers, and the IT Infrastructure and DevOps teams to develop and deliver key business applications.
- To work with the IT Infrastructure team to resolve issues with business applications.
- To work with the IT Service Desk to resolve internal and external customer issues with business applications.
- To work with external partners to transfer technical knowledge of externally developed applications in-house.
- Substantial expertise as a Microsoft Software Developer
- Essential skills and proven expertise in the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET (C#)
- SQL Server Development
- ASP.Net MVC
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration, build and deployment automation
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Object-Oriented Design
- Development techniques and design patterns
- Agile Methodologies
- Relational database design
- SQL Stored procedures
- Unit Test Frameworks and Tools (Nunit, Moq, etc)
- Version Control tools and workflows (TFS, GIT)
- A good working knowledge of some of the following technologies:
- Entity Framework
- Dependency Injection
- Agile Methodologies
- Cloud Technologies (Azure)
- Containerisation Technologies (Docker)
- Demonstrable expertise of collaborative working with:
- Business Analysts, Automation
- Delivery Managers
- Product Managers
- Senior Managers
- Business Customers
- To ideally hold a degree and a technical qualification (e.g. MCAD, MCSD, MCTS).
- Some previous line management experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'