Senior Microbiology Scientist
Senior Microbiology Scientist
We are looking for a Senior Scientist- Microbiology with expertise in the area of handling of pathogenic/ non-pathogenic microorganisms and development of upstream microbial processes. The role is within the fermentation team of the Process and Analytical Development Group, which is responsible for developing and performing fermentation processes to support the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products. The data generated are used to evaluate existing manufacturing processes, to guide process improvements and to support the introduction of new processes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be accountable to the relevant Team Lead for the day to day operations of the Upstream/ Fermentation Development areas.
2. Provide scientific and technical specialism in handling pathogenic / non- pathogenic microorganisms to projects involved in the development of processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
3. Participate in the development and validation of production and analytical methods for cGMP biopharmaceuticals.
4. Maintain awareness of cGMP requirements and apply that understanding to the development of processes for new biopharmaceutical products.
5. Actively seek out innovations through collaborations within and outside the organisation as necessary to benefit the project and/or department.
6. Play a key role in the technology transfer of information relating to the development and/or manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
7. Be responsible for the training and development of staff within the area of specialism.
8. Assist senior colleagues, leading where necessary, in developing scientific and technical strategy of the project or derived projects, identifying new opportunities as they arise and responding to funding calls or customer enquiries.
9. Provide reports as required and lead on preparation of presentations and liaison via teleconferences with the customer as well as dealing with enquiries as necessary.
10. Prepare project plans, monitor and report progress against agreed timelines as required by Project leads.
11. Take responsibility for the supervision of laboratory facilities including provision of reagents and consumables required for the project and documented storage of materials generated.
12. To ensure that the project team undertakes work in accordance with the organisation’s Code of Safety Practice and to work within any Quality Systems that are applicable to the site.
BSc in biological sciences/ microbiology/ biochemistry/ biotechnology/ bio-medical sciences.
Several years’ relevant laboratory experience of working with pathogenic / non- pathogenic microorganisms and developing analytical methods.
PORTON DOWN / WILTSHIRE / SALISBURY / BASINGSTOKE / BRISTOL / OXFORD / HAMPSHIRE / BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE / BIOMEDICAL / VALIDATION / MICROBIOLOGY / SCIENTIFIC / FERMENTATION / CHEMISTRY / PHARMACEUTICAL / PHARMA / GMP / DRUG / BIOPHARM / BIOPHARMACEUTICAL / ASSAY DEVELOPMENT / ANALYTICAL / VALIDATION / SCIENTIFIC / SCIENTIST / METHOD DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST / PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTION / PROCESS DEVELOPMENT / ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT / QUALITY CONTROL / QUALITY ASSURANCE / HPLC / UPLC / PROTEINS / SUPERVISOR / TECHNICAL FILES / TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION / ICH GUIDELINES / US FEDERAL CODES / cGMPs / METHODS / ASSAYS / TECHNIQUES / SYSTEMS / CONSUMABLES / VALIDATING / EVALUATING / TECHNOLOGIES / CHEMIST / CHEMISTRY / BIOLOGICAL / BIOCHEMICAL / OFFICER.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'