We are looking for a Senior Meter Installation Technician within our South East meter installation region (made up of the following postcode locations: BN - Brighton / CT - Canterbury / GU - Guildford / ME - Rochester / PO - Portsmouth / RG - Reading / RH - Redhill / SO - Southampton / TN - Tonbridge).
The role is aimed at a Dual Fuel Meter Installer who is looking to progress their career within the meter installation industry, and looking to take on more responsibility in supervising meter operatives in the field. You will provide on-demand technical assistance & advice to operatives (including out of hours support on a rota basis), site visits & coaching of operatives, carry out quality & compliance checks, and complete internal technical auditing of the operatives to Lowri Beck’s MOCOPA & Gas Safe standards.
The role will be based from home, but you will responsible for operatives within the below postcode locations within the South East region, and travel throughout the region (and possibility further afield including across the UK) will be required.
- BN - Brighton
- CT - Canterbury
- ME - Maidstone
- RH - Redhill
- TN - Tonbridge
This is a permanent, full-time role working 42.5 hours per week Monday - Friday, with weekend on-call as and when required. The salary for the role is £39,500 per annum.
- Provide site visit assistance and coaching to meter operatives
- Provide on-demand technical advice to meter operatives both in and out of designated postcode locations within installation region
- Provide out of hours technical support to an agreed frequency, covering weekdays and weekends including emergency and business as usual
- Identifying trends with operatives so training can be arranged to correct the shortcomings of the operatives concerned
- Assist the Lowri Beck Field Operations Management Team by ensuring that direct and sub-contracted meter operatives achieve and improve operational targets by maximising performance and customer service, plus any additional support that may be required by the management team
- Carry out quality and compliance checks on meter operatives, external auditors & external agencies (e.g. training providers) to an agreed frequency and standard, compliant with Lowri Beck’s MOCOPA & Gas Safe Register objectives
- Conduct technical Tool Box Talks in association with Field Operations Management Team at an agreed frequency or as directed
- Keeping operatives up to date with changes, and enforcing company procedures and standards to reduce non-compliances
- Observation of new operatives coming out of training to assess training standards, reporting any concerns to assigned field manager & training team
- Carry out meter installation duties & associated tasks as and when required, including responsibility for customer facing issues
What we are looking for
- 18 months previous experience within the dual fuel meter installation industry, including previous experience of fitting single and ideally 3 phase electric meters
- Gas & electric qualification/accreditation in Metering
- Detailed knowledge of industry metering standards, including Gas Safe/IGEM codes of practice, IET wiring regulations & SMICoP
- Computer literate with the ability to operate Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, organisational & administrational skills
- Live within one of the above postcode locations within the South East meter installation region
Lowri Beck is a group of support services companies providing metering services, business solutions and field management systems.
Established in 1996 it now provides nationwide services including meter reading, meter installation, data collection services and contact centre services to utilities and direct with industrial & commercial organisations.
Our vision is "To empower our people to deliver service excellence"
If you are successful in your application, your offer of employment will be subject to you meeting our pre-employment checks: Eligibility to work in the UK, basic Criminal Record Check (CRC) & ability to provide suitable references.
Please note this role is being handled by our internal talent team and no agency support is required
- Technical Advisory
- Smart Metering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'