Senior Merchandiser - Immediate Start
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product retail company that is a global, destination retailer that has been established for over 100 years.
They are looking for a Senior Merchandiser to join the team. This role consists of delivering the planning strategy and to contribute to the strategic growth of Buying and Merchandising.
Responsibilities as a Senior Merchandiser are:
- Manage and support the development of junior members of the team and support close teamwork
- Prepare all markdown activity reporting template to get approvals,
- Work with stores to manage inventory to maximise availability and minimise overstock,
- To plan sales, margin, stock and markdown budgets for all the company's UK stores,
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance both customers' expectations and company's strategy
- Define the exit strategy for discontinued stock while ensuring the margin budgets are achieved
- Monitor the performance of products within each defined category portfolio to give full visibility of product shortage, overstock, slow moving/obsolete stock and stock turnover.
- Take action on slow selling stock to ensure that discontinued stock targets are met,
Experience needed as a Senior Merchandiser:
- You must be an Establish Merchandiser, Senior Merchandiser or Merchandise Manager .
- They are open to category but the business has a high number of SKU levels.
- Backgrounds that are suitable include Accessories, Footwear, Home, Electricals, Toys, Fashion or Department stores.
- Strong Excel skills and have had experience within merchandising management systems
- Have managed at least at an Assistant Merchandiser level
- Have had experience working within a fast retailer
- Good organisation skills and strong communication skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team
This role will require a start before Christmas so you must have a short notice period or be immediately available!
The salary is £45,000 - £50,000 (there is a potential to stretch up to £55,000 for the right candidate) & the role comes with bonus potential, generous holiday allowance, season ticket loan & pension.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'