The opportunity to work as a core planning/trading Senior Merchandiser looking after a team of two merchandisers and an assistant merchandiser.
A reputable fantastic family feel company that take pride in looking after their staff. Within this company you will not just be a face and a number, you will become a part of a family!
- To be instrumental in developing the divisional Buying and Merchandising strategy and to ensure that this strategy is effectively implemented.
- To contribute to the development of the corporate strategy and to ensure that it is incorporated into the divisional strategy
Financial Planning and Management
- To ensure that robust financial plans which are consistent with the overall corporate performance targets and which take into account historical performance, foreseeable risks, opportunities and trends and planned promotional activity are developed and agreed for each department and group, in total and by week.
- To ensure that stock, intake and OTB is managed in line with store and DC capacity and corporate plans and forecasts and to keep the DC team informed of current intake forecasts.
- To ensure that an effective exit policy is developed and efficiently implemented for their division and that terminal stock targets are achieved.
- To ensure that department and group performance forecasts accurately to reflect current trading conditions and opportunities and are consistent with the company position.
- To direct and manage trading activities in a way that pro-active trading will maximise profitability, minimise terminal stocks and lead to margin plans being exceeded at minimum risk.
- To ensure that each department has contingency plans in place that will enable stock, sales and margin plans to be achieved in all circumstances.
- To work with the buying manager to develop the category product strategy and to ensure that is delivered by each department.
- Together with their peer group and the store planning team to determine the space allocation plan for the company and to ensure that space in all stores is effectively managed
- Together with the buying manager to sign off each range and to ensure that it will consistently exceed customer's expectations while delivering maximum profitability at minimum risk and that the promotional offer is appropriate and profitable
- Together with the buying manager to contribute to the supplier strategy and to ensure it is implemented in their division and to agree supplier performance targets with their teams.
- To develop productive relationships with all key suppliers and logistics partners and to work with them to provide continuous improvement in delivery processes and practices
- Together with the buying manager to lead the annual review of supplier performance and to ensure that all suppliers are delivering performance and service that is consistent with the agreed strategy and targets.
- Together with the buying manager to approve all new suppliers and to actively search out new or improved sources of supply.
- Provide clear leadership and motivation to their teams, to clearly and regularly update them on company objectives and initiatives and to ensure that their concerns are promptly communicated to senior management.
- To ensure that the skills of all direct reports are fully developed through a balance of training and coaching, and to manage individual performance so that full potential can be realised.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of training programmes that will enhance the skills and capabilities of their teams
- To ensure that their agreed personal development plans is achieved.
- To maintain good relationships with both internal and external customers at all times and to act as an ambassador for the company in all interactions.
- To ensure that they have a comprehensive understanding of store and DC needs and to ensure that they continuously strive to improve the service that they provide to these functions.
- To contribute to the development of a robust critical path for merchandising and buying critical path and to ensure that it is strictly observed by their teams
- To be aware of current market and product trends and to accompany the buying manager to trade fairs and exhibitions as appropriate.
- To contribute to and drive the continuous improvement of merchandising processes and best practices across the business.
The successful candidate will currently be highly motivated, analytically minded Merchandiser with a great team ethic.
The opportunity to work for an extremely successful company where going to work is more than just a job.
- Senior Merchandiser