Senior Mental health nurse, CAMHS Inpatient unit (Wokingham)
We are currently recruiting for a senior mental health nurse and are looking for someone who has inpatient or CAMHS experience to join our highly skilled team. You will be based at Willow House which will offer a rewarding opportunity to deliver high-level mental health care in a truly supportive and professional environment. Our well-regarded facility caters mostly to in-patients aged 12-18 years with severe and enduring problems as well as social and emotional development issues.
About the Job
As a senior nurse within the team, you will be responsible for the in-patient activity within Willow House. This includes the management and co-ordination of the in-patient programme, providing a high level of clinical input into the care of the patients that attend. You will act as an effective role model to junior members of the nursing team in demonstrating and maintaining high standards of professional care, will be committed to the development of the service and be passionate about working with young people and their families. You will be able to demonstrate that you work in a compassionate and therapeutic manner. You will be responsible for the overall nursing care of all patients whilst on shift in the absence of the Ward Manager.
In return you will benefit from a culture that is firmly centred on staff support and development, enabling genuine job satisfaction. Much of our work is innovative and you will enjoy full involvement while being encouraged to contribute your own thoughts and initiatives. Further training opportunities will ensure you can fulfil your career potential, and in 2020 we will be moving into a new state-of-the-art facility.
Work base – Willow House, Wokingham Hospital, Barkham Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2RE
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- Salary ranging from £30,401 to £37,267 per annum
- High cost area supplements provided
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on work life balance
- Annual leave – 27 days for new starters, 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service plus 8 days bank holidays
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Lease car scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent staff support and advice
- And so much more
Are you familiar with Wokingham?
If you are not familiar with the market town of Wokingham, it lies approximately 4 miles west of Bracknell and 7 miles from Reading. Transport links are excellent. Wokingham is extremely well-placed, being served by the A329 London to Reading road and by the M4, which links it to Heathrow airport, the West of England and South Wales.
The 3 “must haves” for you to be considered for this role:
- Either a qualified mental health nurse (with NMC registration)
- Post qualification experience and have worked in CAMHS, children’s services or inpatient settings previously
- You will need an advanced knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity act and the Children Act
Should you identify with the person we are looking for above, then we would recommend you make your application to work at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust!
For further details about this role or questions in general about working for Berkshire Healthcare please contact Rebecca Martin on or via email at Rebecca.Martin@berkshire.nhs.uk.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'