This is an opportunity to join a leading independent medical communications company in either their London or Cheshire offices with a diverse portfolio of responsibilities.
The role will involve researching specialised areas of medical science in order to write and edit a range of both printed and digital medical communications materials. You will work closely with their design and production teams to deliver high quality work that meets the needs of their pharmaceutical clients.
Along with a great salary, the benefits package includes pension, healthcare and 25 days holidays and much more. This is a great chance to work for a forward thinking agency that places an emphasis on the professional development of their staff.
- Write or edit publication manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters and other materials
- Draft and edit work in different writing styles targeted at different audiences (including internal audiences) in different therapy areas. On all editorial projects, incorporate feedback from editorial colleagues, project team colleagues, clients and independent clinicians.
- Assist with development of concepts for editorial projects
- Determine deadlines and budgeted editorial hours for each project undertaken, either from the relevant client service representative or senior editorial colleague
- Coordinate with client services and other colleagues to reach a consensus on content and style for assigned editorial projects
- Coordinate with design and production teams, sourcing graphical representations, and contributing ideas for optimizing design and layout of assigned editorial projects
- Attend conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards to provide on-site services to the client
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A life sciences degree required, ideally combined with a Master’s degree or PhD
- Previous medical writing experience gained within a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical environment
- General computer literacy
- Proficiency in online medical resource searching (Pub Med, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Multitasking and flexibility
- Interested in personal development
- Team player
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you.
- Medical Communications
- medical writer
- medical writing
- healthcare communications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'