Our client, a leader in the health sector have an exciting opportunity for a senior medical writer to join their growing team.
The Senior Medical Writer will provide insight and scientific evaluation about company products to key stakeholders and, through cross-functional team working, ensure that key medical-driven communications strategies and activities are successfully implemented to achieve business objectives. They will also be the key scientific point of contact for clients on their own accounts.
- Proven experience within a pharmaceutical science writing role
- Thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development and approval process
- Solid grounding in science
- High level of capability to take a job through from briefing to final delivery
- Proven experience in providing evidence-based scientific direction to account teams, clients and other stakeholders, in relation to brand strategy and in a code compliant manner
- Ability to understand complex scientific and medical concepts
- Demonstrate excellent and versatile scientific writing and editing ability, and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience of participating in pitching new business proposals to potential clients
- Ability to confidently and appropriately challenge opinions and put forward alternative, informed viewpoints
- Ability to manage, lead and mentor more junior writers
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Good time management skills
- Judgment and problem solving
- Excellent quality control skills and meticulous eye for detail – style, consistency, grammar, scientific accuracy, proof reading, layout, etc.
- Fully competent in Word, PowerPoint, reference manager and internet searching