Senior Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Summary / Heading
A leading global MedComms agency is looking for a Senior Medical Writer to take ownership for the delivery of high-quality copy for publications on a number of Oncology accounts.
You will be utilising excellent verbal and written communication skills to create and develop accurate scientific copy for a variety of materials, coach and mentor junior colleagues and build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Medical Writer will be working with leading international pharmaceutical clients and is expected to develop and deliver materials to budget and on time, lead assigned projects as required and take responsibility for the review and QC of the work of team members.
The successful candidate will be working on oncology accounts so experience in this area would be advantageous and the majority of the work would be on publications so again, experience in this area is ideal.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of an excellent team in one of the leading global MedComms agencies.
Salary (If applicable)
£40k-£50k per annum
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This forward-thinking global MedComms company is seeking talented individuals to join their writing teams. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to work with a skilled team to take responsibility to develop and deliver copy on a range of projects whilst also being client facing and an integral part of the team.
• 25 days holiday
• In-office Pilates and HIT training.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Life Assurance
• Private Health Insurance
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Taking ownership of the creation and development of oncology publications.
• Maintaining a strong knowledge of therapy areas, client products and competitors.
• Coach and mentor junior writers.
• Liaise confidently with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
• Contribute to new business development proposals and pitches as appropriate.
• MSc/PhD qualification (Life Sciences)
• Strong oncology knowledge
• 3-4 years Medical Communications Agency experience.
• Experience of creating publications (desirable)
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience of working well under pressure.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations with experience of working to ABPI.
• High level of organisation and time-management.
• Pro-active and enthusiastic.
Key Benefits To You:
• Opportunity to support on global projects.
• Opportunity to work with highly talented team members within a top MedComms agency.
Agency Statement / USP / Link / Contact Details
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialist sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all agencies - therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect `fit` for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
- Senior Medical Writer : Medical Communications