Senior Mechanical Project Engineer VAVE
Linx Printing Technologies are looking for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team in St Ives.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (VAVE)
Location: St Ives
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Linx is an internationally-renowned supplier of a range of coding and marking solutions including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Marking, and Case Coding and Thermal Transfer printers. Since 1987, our industry-leading technologies have helped organisations across the world increase their productivity while significantly reducing total cost of ownership.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (VAVE) - The Job:
To work within the Engineering teams in the ongoing critical examination of designs, enabling value improvement through improved quality, features and cost. Solutions will also include process improvements, working in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineering and Production teams. Linx products include mechanical, electronic, software and ink jet printing components.
To design and develop mechanical and electro-mechanical systems for the company’s coding and marking products, based on a range of ink jet printing technologies, which improve quality, features or cost.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer - Requirements:
- A mechanical engineer with significant experience in the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical components, assemblies and products.
Specific experience in one or more of the following
- Fluid systems and component/assembly design for
- Plastic injection moulding for low to medium volume manufacture, including materials selection.
- machined, MIM’d and pressed metal parts design for low to medium volume manufacture
- Capable of working with our suppliers locally and in Asia. Key personal qualities would be a drive to achieve results quickly, persistence in overcoming difficulties, a creative and systematic approach to problem solving, and pragmatism in dealing with real world issues and pressures. All these qualities demonstrable within a cross-functional project team environment.
- Capability and experience in use of Pro Engineer Wildfire or Creo or equivalent CAD system.
- Capability to test designs in a laboratory environment.
- Capability to operate mechanical lathes and mills to build fast prototypes would be very useful but not essential
- Experience in PDM Link/Windchill would be very useful but is not essential.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (VAVE) - Key Responsibilities:
- To produce 2D and 3D designs that are right first time, and meet the specification, time and cost targets
- To take responsibility and ownership of small to medium sized mechanical design projects, from initiation through to manufacturing implementation.
- To lead Design & DFMEA reviews and analyse, interpret and respond to supplier DFMs
- Hands on practical work in building prototypes and test equipment, devising and carrying out experiments, and generating & executing test procedures to validate designs.
- Interpreting and analysing technical data, producing reports and communicating results with other engineers, program managers and non-engineering associates.
- Managing and applying safe systems of work and maintaining a tidy and efficient office, laboratory and prototyping shop environment.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (VAVE) - Performance Indicators:
- A sense of urgency and non-acceptance of personal mediocrity.
- Genuine interest in engineering and an inquiring mind.
- Well executed standard processes covering design review, verification and risk management.
- Develop mechanical and electro-mechanical design solutions and manage projects that meet specification, on time, on cost and within budget.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (VAVE) - Qualifications:
- Degree (or equivalent - HND/HNC) in Mechanical / Aerospace / Automotive or related discipline (Essential)
- Chartered Engineer - (Desirable)
To submit your CV for this Senior Mechanical Project Engineer (VAVE) opportunity, please click 'Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"