Senior Mechanical Engineer NPI c£60-70k + Benefits
South East Ref: ABJ3611
12 month contract
As senior mechanical engineer you will lead projects within the device development. You will deliver an assigned portfolio of projects and activities within the new product development plan which requires the coordination of internal and external stakeholders in alignment with the Principal Development Managers and Manufacturing Manager to develop and deliver compliant devices and technologies and support the global pipeline on innovation, delivering superior performance to the market. Responsibilities will include the development of a pipeline across device, batteries, electronics and consumable and seamless integration to deliver business and category growing initiatives to the market.
- To lead the engineering and electronics technical capability and development for new platforms. These solutions will drive important performance parameters such as high reliability, electrical safety and added functionality satisfied business and consumer needs.
- Provide technical input into the design of all components within the products on both device and consumable; in particular ensuring device compliance, quality assurance and design efficacy for manufacture scale up.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the device industry with a track record of delivering consumer delightful proposition and products to the market.
- Approach to task is by selection of appropriate means learned from knowledge and experience and thorough understanding of processing and how it can contribute to product quality.
- Applies principles of exploration and knowledge scouting to find the best partners and technologies to deliver the projects.
- Key representative in engineering solutions for innovative materials/products with internal stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Key representative in interactions with external suppliers on engineering solutions.
- Degree or equivalent in electronic or mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related product design degree.
- Proven track record in delivering technical products to the market that have an impact of driving consumer acceptance and conform to relevant legislation (e.g. CE marking)
- Any device, batteries, electronics e.g. from a telecoms background desirable
- Contemporary knowledge of mechanical / electronic device design and evaluation of device hardware to meet consumer and commercial needs within legislative and operational constraints.
- Knowledge in consumer-product insights and product research.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence key stakeholders up to senior level
Full Time. (35hr week)
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, outlining your particular skills and experience.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Development
- Electronic Engineering