Senior Mechanical Engineer - Building Services Stafford
We are currently recruiting for an experience Senior Mechanical Engineer to work within our Property Services and Design Consultancy Team, based at Stafford
The purpose of the Property Services team is to provide an efficient, responsive and high-quality property service through effective coordination, management and provision of consultancy services related to construction projects and property risk management.
- The good design and management of the mechanical engineering content of the architectural, building and design projects from Inception to Completion, either on an individual basis or as part of a Project Team.
- To assist the Principal Engineer / Architect in the determination of corporate policy on mechanical engineering matters and to assist in the control and direction of support staff as required to co-ordinate engineering designs.
- To ensure that the mechanical engineering content of schemes is carried out within approved budgets and agreed time scales.
- To promote and develop the highest quality of design and constructional standards for mechanical engineering with particular emphasis on value-for money and cost-in-use, whilst assisting the Principal Engineer / Architect in ensuring compliance with County Council requirements, current legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To participate in the development of improved working methods and develop close and effective working relationships with other disciplines to maximise the benefits of the consultancy services and integrated use of computer technology in the design process.
- Minimum of ONC/HND in Mechanical Building Services Engineering.
- Corporate membership or equivalent (CIBSE)
- Engineering council registration at Incorporated Engineer level or above.
- A degree in building related engineering or demonstrable proven experience in mechanical engineering.
- Significant Post Qualification experience within a similar role
- Full Driving License
Experience and Attributes
- Demonstrable experience of preparing detailed mechanical engineering drawings to a good standard.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering as it relates to general building construction.
- Experience and Knowledge of using computer aided design.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Possess knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Asbestos Regulations, COSHH, CDM and other legislation and regulations concerned with building and development.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=ST163TH&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=ST163TH&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Building Services
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer