Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required. My client designs and develops rugged off-road equipment and machinery for customers around the world, based from their head offices in Devon. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer to produce innovative solutions with a focus on functionality and simplicity.
The successful engineer will have considerable experience in Mechanical Design, ideally from an Automotive or Defence background, and will be qualified to a minimum of HNC level in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related discipline. Nuclear experience is also essential for this position. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to make a long term career move with an established engineering company.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Overview
- Produce innovative mechanical designs centred on functionality, simplicity and economy
- Use a good base understanding of mechanical design to rapidly develop suitable designs, avoiding multiple design / analysis / prototype iterations
- Component and assembly design from concept to production in an automotive environment using 3D CAD (Solidworks).
- Design components to include sheet metal, turned / machined items, small and large fabrications, including manufacturing considerations
- Understand and apply strict configuration control of drawings.
- Assess prototypes for correct fit and function.
- Assess the strength of components using hand calculations (and FEA)
- Prepare documentation for design reviews.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Proficient with 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks (training can be given)
- Proven experience within a previous mechanical design engineer role
- Nuclear experience essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Experience of drawing issue control using PDM
- FEA (ANSYS) knowledge
- Vehicle testing using data logging and other instrumentation
- Full UK driving licence
- Based within a commutable distance of Honiton
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- 23 days' holiday + BH (can accrue holiday through time served with company)
- 40 hr working week: Mon - Thurs: 8am - 5:15, Fri: 8am - 1pm
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'