SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required for a world leading manufacturer of bespoke machinery for the electrical, conductor and oil industries.
As a result of significant growth, recent investments and large worldwide contracts within the oil, gas, power and renewables sectors, the company is expanding their design team based at their new manufacturing facility and offices in Leicester.
Seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with standalone design management experience and ability to work on multiple engineering designs and projects to completion. You will have a proven track record in a 3D design environment preferably using Solidworks.
Ideally you will be a degree qualified mechanical engineer or equivalent. You will have a broad engineering background and ideally have experience with special purpose machine design including pneumatics, hydraulics, and motor and drive systems.
- Salary - £50k + depending on experience
- Pension – 2% Employer 3% Employee
- Yearly profit share
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ideally Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering. HNC / HND also with relevant experience
- Engineering Design and analytical skills, e.g. DFMEA, calculations using engineering standards.
- 3D modelling expertise, (ideally SolidWorks)
- Design Management experience working to a high level on multiple engineering designs.
- Awareness of the selection of materials such as composite, ferrous, non-ferrous, plastics.
- Experience in Industrial / automation environment in special purpose machinery, bespoke and turnkey engineering solutions
- Commercially aware with ability to liaise with customers regarding requirements and project updates.
- Experience of integrating quality into designs, ideally worked with ISO standards.
- Proven ability to deliver multiple designs all at different stages.
- Ideally experience of delegating and managing
- Decisive and creative thinker who is self-motivated, self-starting and highly organised with the ability to work unsupervised.
To discuss the position of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in more detail or to apply, please contact Narelle Price directly on or call /
Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job