Excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading building services consultancy on a long-term contract basis in London. Our client specialise in a variety of project sectors including Data Centres, Hospitals, Laboratories, and Technology Projects. Due to an increasing workload in their Mission-Critical team, they are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive data centre experience.
As the selected Mechanical Engineer, your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Leading and supporting the design team in providing detailed and accurate project designs
- Using relevant CAD and BIM software to develop and progress designs from concept to fully detailed and co-ordinated design packages
- Providing expert consultancy services throughout the project
- Participating in project and technical meetings
- Ensuring design and maintenance of building systems meet legislative, and health and safety requirements
- Supporting the development of more junior team members
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders including clients and sub-contractors
Key skills, experience and attributes:
- Significant experience within a similar role
- Degree qualified in relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering etc.)
- Chartered, or working towards chartered status with CIBSE
- Extensive experience working on Mission-Critical and Data Centre projects
- Strong knowledge of current buildings codes and regulations
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities
- Experience using AutoCAD software, as well as Hevacomp and IES
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Alex Wright on or email Alex.Wright @ Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13977AW. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
- building services