This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a world leader in the production and supply of gas detection equipment for a wide range of industrial applications. You will have the chance to work with dynamic team and be responsible for designing and developing all new products - this will include the full mechanical cycle from initial idea through to concepts, prototypes, design and implementation in production.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer your responsibilities would include:
- To act as the mechanical lead and work with development engineers from other disciplines (primarily electronics) to produce new products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- To produce all necessary documentation including specifications and DFMEA analysis as well as all necessary detailed engineering drawings, BOM's and certification documentation packs to the required standards.
- To liaise directly with the mould tool manufacturers and casting suppliers to ensure the products are manufactured to the required quality.
- To develop an understanding of the relevant hazardous are certification standards to ensure products fulfil the requirements of these standards. To liaise directly with the certification authorities during the cycle.
- To develop and design any required jigs and fixtures across the company.
- Working with supply chain and if necessary visiting external suppliers to ensure the procured parts meet the specifications & budget requirements and that new processes being brought in house are fully understood.
- To liaise with and if necessary visit customers and potential customers, to better understand their requirements.
- Have a Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering / Product Design?
- Significant experience in the design of complex injection moulded products in various materials (minimum of 5 years' experience).
- Experience of designing industrial products utilising investment casting and die casting techniques?
- Fully proficient user of Solidworks, including surfacing techniques?
- Experience of other manufacturing processes (sheet metal fabrication, CNC Machining etc.)?
- Experience of implementing DFMEA processes on product designs?
If So, Please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job