Senior Mechanical Project Engineer / Application Engineer
My client, a specialist in the manufacture and distribution of Power Generation equipment is seeking a Senior Project Engineer with a mechanical bias to join their Design Department and assist with design, development and client understanding of their product line.
Aside from an interesting role, you would be joining a stable and growing business with a friendly working environment!
Working as the primary technical contact with the customer you will follow up on business generated from the sales team and work on delivering projects incorporating designs to meet specific customer requirements, while providing advice on company products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying customer requirements by establishing a personal rapport with clients.
- Using your market knowledge to map our where our client's products can be sold.
- Sharing market knowledge with the Sales Department.
- Manage your projects and those of Junior Engineers.
- Review contracts, tenders, and piping & instrumentation diagrams for new and existing projects.
- Make the necessary engineering design calculations to support product selection /recommendation.
- Translate the customer's needs into a manufacturable product by designing on CAD.
- Prepare drawings to send to the client.
- Support the product through manufacture, installation & commissioning.
- Prepare quotations, handle warranty claims, guide internal departments on special products.
- Support customers with technical queries and liaising with customers on service feedback.
- Assist with the training and development of Junior Engineers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer or Senior Applications Engineer who has solid industry experience ideally in the Power Generation sector, however, the Oil & Gas or Processes Industry sectors will also be considered.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience drafting and sizing products on CAD
- Strong time management skills
- Proven customer service skills
- A positive approach to learning and personal development
- HND/ HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant subject
- Knowledge of Diesel / Gas engine application and auxiliary equipment would be a distinct advantage!
- Salary £35,000 - £45,000 (negotiable)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company contributory pension
- Manufacturers product training
- Career progression and personal development
- Many other perks and awards!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company offering a technically challenging role, with plenty of progression.
For further information please send your CV to Harriet Maiden at Renew Consultancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'