My client based in the West Sussex area are looking for a Senior Matrimonial Solicitor to join their team.
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Admission to the Solicitor’s Roll;
- Minimum four years’ post admission experience (PQE) in Matrimonial & Family work area;
- Preferably, good knowledge of Word and Excel;
- A pleasant but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients; tact and resilience are essential qualities;
- To be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, having a good command of the English language;
- Personally, efficient and well organised, with good control of diary and time management;
- Primary Fee Earner in Matrimonial & Family Department;
- To help to formulate policy and procedure for the Department and to assist in supervision of other members of the Department;
- To provide effective and timely service to the firm’s clients, and maximise the firm’s potential to cross sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities;
- To be a senior manager of the firm’s affairs with specific management responsibility in Matrimonial & Family;
- To be a primary fee-earner.
- To go beyond the commitment expected of an employee; such commitment is not limited to office hours. A Primary Fee Earner is expected to devote such hours as are required to carry out their full role including the duties summarised in this document.
Main Responsibilities - Administrative:
- To undertake compliance with, and to be fully aware of all aspects of requirements imposed on a Senior Solicitor by the Solicitor’s Act, Solicitor’s Account Rules, and all other statutory, Law Society and Solicitors Regulation Authority rules and regulations from time to time in force for the conduct of the business of a solicitor;
- To encourage and promote the image and ethos of the firm;
- To seek actively ways to contribute to the continuing evolution and development of the Department and the Firm;
- To have special regard for the needs and interests of any member of Staff within the Department;
- To advise and supervise any member of staff and especially within the Matrimonial Department;
- To contribute towards training both in respect of staff and own self-development;
- To be aware of constantly changing market conditions, new technology and analyse work practices thoroughly;
- To assist in staff appraisals within the Department;
- To communicate the needs of the Firm especially to all members of the staff within the Matrimonial Department;
- To undertake any specified management responsibility;
- To assist in training and to identify training needs of staff within the Department;
- To be familiar with and comply with the requirements of the firm’s policies and procedures;
- To consider positively and encourage the development of a common approach to the Matrimonial & Family Department’s work by all the firm’s personnel;
- To review monthly management reports including specifically the number of new matters and type, the amount of bills rendered, work-in-progress and outstanding bills & disbursements;
- To promote the firm within the local community and in particular, to work closely and to liaise with, appropriate persons and professionals to win new clients and new business.
Main Responsibilities - Fee-Earning:
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Firm and client documentation and information;
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care;
- To maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations;
- To adhere to agreed practice procedure as determined from time to time, especially as related to Quality Standards;
- To collect all outstanding disbursements as soon as feasible and to bill promptly;
- In close liaison with the Accounts Department, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters as well as those of the Department;
- To achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fee income and the recording of chargeable hours;
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner;
- To provide advice and guidance and thorough supervision to other fee-earners and support staff within an area of responsibility delegated to the Team Leader;
- To develop leadership skills and the ability to optimise team performance through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice;
- To monitor and help develop systems and procedures within the Department, including the use of technology;
- To market the firm’s client services;
- To assist in the development of new products and service opportunities.
Salary between £40K - £50K depending on experience.
#law #legal #matrimonialsolicitor #familylaw #solicitors