The Careers & Enterprise Company was set up by government in 2015 to inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work. Our role is to be the national network that connects schools and colleges, employers and careers programme providers to create high-impact careers opportunities for young people.
Christine Hodgson, chairman of Capgemini, is our chair. Other board members include Lord Young, former Enterprise Adviser to the Prime Minister, Steve Holliday, former Chief Executive of National Grid plc, Brian Lightman, former General Secretary of ASCL and Dame Julia Cleverdon DCVO, CBE, Vice President of Business in the Community and Special Adviser to The Prince’s Charities. The company is led by Claudia Harris, CEO and former partner at McKinsey.
In order to maximise our impact and help as many young people as possible to find their best futures, the Company needs to communicate effectively, efficiently and creatively with our stakeholders and key audiences. Our Marketing and Communications team has a key role in making this happen by driving awareness and understanding of our vital work. The team works across the Company to provide marketing and communications expertise and activity, including PR and media, marketing, digital and social media, internal communications and stakeholder engagement. This is a key role at a pivotal time for the organisation.
For more information visit www.careersandenterprise.co.uk
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Officer will play a leading role in the delivery of marketing and communication activity to promote The Careers & Enterprise Company’s
'story’ to a range of audiences and across multiple channels including print, digital, social media, events, conferences, webinars and newsletters.
The right candidate for this job will have either an agency or in-house marketing or communications background and will have gained significant experience managing marketing campaigns within busy and high impact environments.
You will have an affinity for the company’s mission to support young people’s futures and will either have experience in the education field or an ambition to get into this space.
- Lead with the planning, managing and delivery of campaigns in support of The Careers & Enterprise Company’s business and marketing objectives, working closely with staff to define key messages and develop supporting assets
- Conduct research through an array of sources, including the internet, external publications and contacts, in order to obtain relevant information that can add value to marketing strategies
- Draft and produce supporting strategic briefs for the different company teams and for a range of audiences
- Ensure the implementation of brand guidelines across the business, keeping all teams compliant
- Source, copy write, edit and proof content for collateral across multiple channels including print, digital, social media, events, conferences, webinars and newsletters
- Drive and coordinate production and distribution of key campaign collateral, working with external photographers, videographers, designers and printers
- Monitor marketing metrics across multiple channels to assess campaign effectiveness. Prepare campaign reports reflecting ROI and the impact of marketing activity
- Support marketing events and exhibitions as required
- Work with staff across the organisation to build good working relationships and maintain an understanding of wider communication priorities
- Work with the finance team on tasks including managing budgets, processing invoices and placing orders
Qualifications & Experience required
- 4-5 years track record in an agency or 'in-house’ marketing, communications team with experience of delivering high impact projects
- Ability to plan, monitor and implement integrated marketing projects to agreed deadlines and within budget, often with conflicting priorities
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills and ability to present information to a range of audiences in a clear, accurate and confident way
- Experience of managing the creative brief and production process, developing effective working methods with internal and external partners photographers, designers and printers
- Clear understanding of organisational brand guidelines and their application
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to work with other teams, departments and external organisations to achieve objectives
- Experience of budget management
- Positive can-do attitude with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Practical experience of digital and social media and how to use it to reach a diverse range of audiences
- Proficiency in MS Office packages and basic skills in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience of government and policy communications with a working knowledge of the education, careers and skills sectors; a good understanding of the key stakeholders in the space
- Experience translating complex research findings and concepts into easily understood communication materials for a variety of channels.
Skills & Core Competencies
- Exemplary writing skills, appropriate to a wide range of audiences, channels and media
- Very well organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Great communication skills and the ability to deal with senior stakeholders, understand the bigger picture and be unflappable in pressurized environments
- Creative flair and ability to look at things differently
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of the priorities of others
- Resilient and flexible, comfortable with complexity, uncertainty and ambiguity
- Self-starter and self-sufficient but able to work with different teams
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and focused on the end results
To apply for this post, please submit a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) and CV . You can download the full job description and monitoring form on our website.
Closing Date is 5pm, 23rd April 2018
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Media
- Government Communication
- Social Media
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job