- Establish and implement a marketing and business development strategy to manage a portfolio of accounts, working with Partners and their account teams.
- Drive pipeline and lead the pursuit process for major opportunities, including contribution to pipeline where appropriate.
- Monitor bids through the bid cycle to provide appropriate information to leadership team.
- Plan, implement and manage MI, processes and tools to improve the sales performance.
- Is seen as the leader in driving the portfolio forward on a consistent basis, developing the agenda for monthly call, chairing pipeline meetings and leading the calls.
- Lead client feedback programme for the portfolio and ensure the messages and learnings from client feedback are shared and acted upon to help increase opportunity conversion and client satisfaction.
- To be the strategic advisor on sector growth plans, market opportunities, client issues and channels to market.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to ensure that the firm's insight, thought leadership and marketing campaigns are properly targeted, driven and deliver return on investment.
- Support in the line management, where applicable of the Sales & Marketing Team industry aligned resource.
- Build external relationships with key industry bodies and opinion formers creating an external footprint.
- Attend client, prospect and/or intermediary events, and ensure effective follow up on these events.
- Work with Global team to collaborate and align sales and marketing activity to be most effective.
- Develop and drive key propositions and services
- Support account teams in the development of targeted propositions and pursuits.
- Proven track record in business development, sales and client relationship management (ideally within a professional services environment).
- Insurance experience is a must
- Expert understanding of targeting and opportunity management with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong experience developing client propositions and excellent project management skills.
- Client focused with strong relationship skills.
- A strong marketing background
- Proactive with a positive can do approach.
- Team player; able to actively contribute and participate as a member of the Market & Industry Driver function.
- The ability to form networks with partners and staff at all levels and influence effectively.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware.
- Strong people management and development skills with experience of managing teams.
- UK EXPERIENCE PLEASE!
- business development
- marketing manager