Role: Senior Manager
Location: Central London
Taylor Hawkes are currently working with a leading and prestigious Top 20 firm who are seeking an enthusiastic General Practice Manager. This would be the perfect role for a qualified ACA/ACCA accountant who is ready for the next step in their career at a leading Top 20 firm. The role will be 60% Accounts and tax, 40% Audit.
You will be managing a client portfolio and be a key contact for those clients, delivering on multiple assignments to agreed deadlines alongside the Partners.
You will demonstrate the highest technical standards, but also communicate those ideas to clients in a clear, concise and actionable way with minimal input from a Partner. You will be trusted to manage projects fully and to budget.
You will actively seek opportunities to contribute to the firm`s growth and management. You will take responsibility of your team, help in the development of junior staff. You will support the firm`s values and act as a role model for other members of the team.
The firm have a very impressive client base consisting of listed companies, media, entertainment & music, hedge funds, FinTech, financial services and leading household names. The firm is a 60 Partner firm based in the heart of The City of London.
The role will also provide exposure to Corporate Tax and will grant exposure to a very intriguing client base.
The role will undertake the following duties:
- Manage a portfolio of clients ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, the work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise partner review time. The approximate workload would be a mix of 60% Audit, 40% Accounts & Tax.
- Takes part in investigations, due diligence and other duties as required by clients or partners.
- Plan jobs and organise assignments to ensure the job is carried out in the most efficient meeting all assignments.
- Acts as training manager and mentor to allocated trainees.
- Assists with the motivation of all staff and take an active role in managing issues informally raises more serious matters with HR where appropriate.
- Produces training material and regularly presents training to trainees on a variety of topics.
- Actively participates in meetings, workshops and training.
- Takes an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Assists with billing procedures and debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with client partner.
- £60,000 - £75,000 (dependent on experience)
- Working hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Clear progression route
If you would like to discuss the role in further details then please do not hesitate to contact Liam Hayes at Taylor Hawkes.