Senior Manager Technical Materials Planning
My client is an international, leading Airline.
About the Role:
- In this role you will lead and oversee the Technical Materials Planning Team in support of scheduled, non-scheduled and cabin maintenance activity.
- You will be maintaining “Part Master” accuracy within the ERP system, provisioning of aircraft spares, ground servicing equipment and tooling whilst maintaining optimized service levels and stock turn.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing policies & procedures in accordance with company procedures and QCAA/EASA regulations.
- You will own and continuously develop material planning processes, develop in-depth process knowledge for order delivery scheduling and transportation to ensure reduction of logistics costs and improve supply chain performance.
- You will lead the materials planning department, ensuring for all aircraft types that the right parts are held in the right place at the right time to ensure effective maintenance and aircraft reliability. You will maintain an operational overview to ensure supply chain is delivering for its customers and take necessary action to recover service.
- You will be responsible for “Master Parts Data” on the ERP system with respect that all part numbers effective to the fleet, include correct description, vendor code, aircraft effectivity, interchange ability, ATA chapter, essentiality code and other industry standard parameters as normally indicated on the system.
- You will ensure inventory is optimized to ensure the right balance of investment and stock holding.
- You will demonstrate supply chain performance, activity, trends and return on investment through monthly management reporting.
- You will consult and liaise with the aircraft manufacturers and parts vendors in matters relating to aircraft parts, tooling and other materials.
- You will maintain strong relationships with warranty, engineering, maintenance, defect control, workshops and planning to ensure optimum parts availability to help deliver outstanding aircraft reliability. You must ensure cabin standards are maintained to high company standards and ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor and take necessary actions to minimize open defects with respect to IFE, cabin maintenance, and acceptable deferred defects.
- You will continuously review RSPL, inventory/float levels to determine optimum part holding ensuring business cases are well prepared and justified. You will provide assistance to the AOG desk and check support group to find solutions for material critical and AOG demands. You will investigate and identify alternate interchangeable part numbers based on airframe/engine manufacturers approved technical documentation so as to ensure the correctness of data and to avoid duplication of inventory.
- You will review inventory on a regular basis and determine slow or non-moving parts, obsolete parts, and surplus materials that can be offered on sale, loan or exchange to other airlines or companies.
The Ideal candidate must have:
- You should hold a similar position within an airline or MRO within the materials inventory planning department. You should have led a team to successful achievement of KPI’s and organizational strategy in previous positions. We are looking for candidates in Senior Supply Chain positions within a significant airline or MRO. Previous experience as an aircraft engineer or other aviation technical discipline is an advantage.
- Bachelor's level in Aeronautical Engineering or Materials Management Qualification or equivalent.
- Candidates should have attended Materials training courses from an aircraft manufacturer or OEM in the past five years.
- Master’s Degree in Material Management is highly preferred. You must hold minimum 10 years of experience in technical materials and inventory planning specifically within the aviation industry.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Kat Ronaldson at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”