Senior Manager - Government Affairs - Pharmaceutical Industry
Robert Walters are currently working with a leading Pharmaceutical business based in Bracknell to assist in recruiting for a Senior Manager - Government Affairs to join them for a period of 12 months.
Reporting into the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, this is a key role within the department and wider business during a very busy time for the organisation.
Responsible for devising mainly corporate but some government relations strategy, you will work closely with the internal leadership team and branding team of the business as well as building strong external relationships to drive implementation. You will need to have strong understanding within the pharma industry of the link between political factors and NHS decision making.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Developing and implementing Government Relations strategies in support of business objectives for the UK and Ireland.
- Provide the business with key insight concerning government policy landscape and identify areas of interest.
- Support the leadership team in developing a strong corporate affairs presence and strategy to help shape the future landscape.
- Lead advocacy outreach to relevant politicians in England, Ireland and the devolved nations, being the initial face of the organisation with these individuals
- Lead and manage the business engagement with the ABPI and actively participate in relevant groups
- Day to day management of the corporate Government Relations budget and advise re required budgets for brand specific activities during operational planning.
As an experienced Senior Manager within Government Affairs, you will likely have the following experience:
- Extensive experience of working in politics/Government Relations at national level within a pharma environment
- Track record of implementing advocacy strategies to shape a policy environment in pursuit
- At ease building strong business relationships with a network of senior politicians and policy
- Experience of managing an external agency from a budgetary and organisational
- Experience of promomats an advantage
- Understanding of and commitment to the ABPI code of practice
This is a brilliant role with the opportunity to be involved in an incredible business during a period of change. Our client are looking to start somebody remotely and are flexible with location although you will be required to be in the Head Office in Bracknell 1-2 days per week as and when allowed.
The interview process will take place remotely and our client have proven to be adaptable and resourceful in providing a fantastic onboarding experience during the U.K lockdown.
- Legal Affairs AND Pharmaceutical OR Pharma
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'