The Senior Manager EHS will responsible for the delivery of support and advice to management and all employees in relation to site safety, contractor safety, emergency response, occupational hygiene programmes and procedures.
Further responsibilities of the Senior Manager EHS are to:
• Ensure systems are in place to ensure Compliance with all existing and forthcoming Health and Safety-Related EU and Irish Legislation requirements
• Have overall Management of contractor safety management systems
• Ensure Compliance with the safety-related programmes, procedures and policies
• Ensure in the transfer of new products and processes to the site, that impact on Safety is assessed, controlled and mitigated to ensure the safety of people and processes
• Manage and develop life safety systems
• Prepare and review safety-related policies and procedures for the ADL site and provide systems and support to ensure effective implementation of the same
• Drive continuous improvement in all health and safety systems through self-audit, monitoring objectives and targets, reviewing the results achieved and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Integrate safety programmes and safety culture into the business
• Ensure that products and chemicals are produced, handled and stored to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required safety;
• Review and approve policies, operating instructions and ensure systems are in place to deliver appropriate safety assessments, reviews and validations when change occurs or when new processes are introduced;
• Ensure that effective required safety training of site personnel is carried out and adapted according to changes in legislation or business requirements
• Ensure that changes to processes, systems and procedures are adequately reviewed, appropriate controls applied and carried out in accordance with EU and Irish regulatory requirements and in a safe manner.
• Support the plant in the project review, approval, prioritization, and implementation.
• Develop and metrics to support the benchmarking of site, global, and industry.
• Develop improvement strategies to improve safety and regulatory compliance.
• Assure the appropriate level of regulatory and training is undertaken organization, and develop and deliver engaging and effective training material.
• Be responsible for establishing, measuring and reporting on site safety Goals and Objectives and supporting the improvement of site-based metric and targets.
• Prepare, maintain, and justify the functions' safety-related budgets.
• Provide information, advice and direction on departmental and/or site safety priorities
The Senior Manager EHS should have the following skills and experience:
• Extensive experience in a manufacturing plant, with experience supervising technical staff or contractors.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent.
• Previous experience working within the Pharmaceutical, and/or manufacturing industries would be highly desirable.
• Must be qualified as a minimum to degree level in an appropriate OHS discipline, and experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41433 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job