Consumer Markets - Audit Senior Manager
The Audit Senior Manager will be a senior member of the audit group. Will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- Act as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Participate in Key Account Management.
- Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area.
- Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
- ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent, with a university degree
- Must have worked in a top 25 accountancy firm
- Previous Audit Manager in practice
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc
- Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- Able to demonstrate the development of an industry network
If interested, please apply below with an updated CV and summary of relevant skills.