Position Title: Senior Manager - Accounts Payable
Reporting to the Senior Director & Head of Global Business Services the position of Senior Manager - Accounts Payable will be responsible for the successful operation of the Accounts Payable function in the Global Business Services Organisation. Overseeing all invoice processing, payments and travel & entertainment expense processing the role will establish strategic and collaborative methods of increasing cashflow and DPO, standardising processes and procedures and continuously improving the financial and operational processes of the group.
The Global Business Services organisation provides services for Controllership, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Master Data Management, Indirect Tax and Payroll processes, with the possibility of expansion to other processes in the future.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Accounts Payables activity for all North America and EMEA facilities along with some Latin America and Asia Pacific entities
- Drive process improvements through setting targets for key metrics and implementing more efficient tools
- Responsible for DPO and continuous improvements to maximise DPO and ensure supplier payment terms are optimum
- Actively manage and develop the team through setting challenging goals and maintaining accountability in order to meet companywide objectives
- Establish targets and monitor key performance metrics to measure quality and efficiency
- Develop relationships with procurement, accounting, legal, tax, local sites and other departments in order to provide transparency into the payables processes as well as consistently enhance the overall quality of the process
- Responsible for team development, assigning and directing work, setting objectives, performance management and other managerial tasks
- Maintain strong internal controls and ensure compliance with company’s policies & procedures. Work with internal and external auditors and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all audit deliverables
Background & Experience:
The candidate we seek will be an experienced leader with a fundamental understanding of what it takes to create and lead multi-country Accounts Payable processes in a Shared Services environment within a multi-national corporation. The candidate will have at least 7-10 years management experience and will have held a senior management position in a similar organisation operating in several major countries globally with a proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for the accounts payable department.
The candidate will have significant system experience in the end to end processes and have strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports and demonstrate strong, effective people management skills. Oracle knowledge is a distinct advantage.
Extensive experience in driving major projects to automate and streamline accounts payable processes is a must
In addition, the person will require the ability to quickly establish credibility with and influence diverse audiences at multiple levels within the organization.
Capable of providing guidance and gaining respect based on persuasion and competence rather than the use of position power and with the stature and sensitivity to exercise leadership by example in the context of a service business
Must be able to communicate effectively in English. An additional European language or languages would be beneficial. Ability to travel is a must.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job