Senior Management Accountant role. Permanent opportunity in West Cumbria
Your new company
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant has arisen for an organisation relating to the nuclear industry, based in West Cumbria.
Your new role
As Senior Management Accountant, you will have oversight and responsibility for the running of the finance department on a day to day basis, including responsibility for leading, managing and motivating a team of four.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Management reporting of P&L & Finance team's assigned areas of monthly dashboard
- Liaison with Site Facing Team for monthly governance and ad hoc queries
- Management of 4 Finance team members including completion of Performance reviews & Personal development activities
- Assistance with Sanction activities where appropriate
- Forecasting & reporting of Disposal and WTS Income including explanation of variances to actual income
- Be responsible for smooth day to day running of Customer invoicing, Credit Control, Supplier Payments, Payroll and Treasury activities
- Oversee payment of expenses, T&S policy control & assurance
- Supervise and ensure timely and accurate preparation of Cost Based Invoice
- Be responsible for adherence to Working Capital Cash Management Policy
- Provide financial support with regard to Prism reporting/LBE and liaison with Project controls team
- Maintain Finance Management system - ensuring Finance system is kept up to date and amendments are made in line with advice from Departmental self-audits
- To interpret all relevant financial regulations and policies and provide guidance where necessary to ensure compliance
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a strong people manager with proven management and leadership experience. You will ideally be a Qualified Accountant, however part qualified or qualified by experience candidates may also be considered.
Other key attributes include:
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and organise tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Excellent Excel skills
- SAP experience, highly desirable
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable organisation that can offer professional scope and development opportunities. This position is being offered on a full time permanent basis; working monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Other benefits include:
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- 22.5 days holiday plus 13 accrued days per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Attractive Contribution Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'