I am recruiting for one of our NHS clients, based in Kent, they are looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that finance and business information is intelligent, accurate and timely and produced in accordance with Trust procedures and timetables. Provide highly complex strategic financial and business advice to managers, budget holders and other staff across the Trust.
- Provide comprehensive financial and business advice to one or more directorates.
- Act as the key link person between the directorates and the finance department as required.
- Produce monthly income and expenditure accounts in accordance with the timetable.
- Prepare monthly and annual budget reports for the directorate and for the Director of Finance.
- Monitor budget performance and suggest service improvements where appropriate.
- Provide substantial input to the preparation of departmental budgets; prepare plans for both financial and manpower aspects of service provision.
- Monitor achievement of cost improvement plans.
- Provide highly complex financial advice to budget managers to enable them to manage resources efficiently and effectively. This is on-going and requires the formulation and adjustment of plans.
- Forecast income and expenditure trends, using analytical ability to assess the financial position in circumstances where the outcome is uncertain and could change over time.
- Provide analysis of financial information and projects, investigate, interpret and compare activity, trends and variances.
- Provide regular budget management training to budget managers.
- Prepare reports and analyses for the managers of Borough Pooled budgets.
- Regularly develop highly complex ad-hoc financial reports using Excel, Access, Crystal Reports and other report and data-mining packages.
- Calculate the cost of new and existing services and products using costing methodologies which are in accordance with professional accounting standards and NHS guidelines.
- Assist the Associate Director of Finance (Financial Management and Planning) and the Senior Financial Manager to achieve departmental objectives.
- Qualified or Studying (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- If qualified - Minimum of 3 years experience working in a large multi-disciplinary organisation in a role covering both management and financial accounting.
- If studying - Minimum of 5 years experience working in a large multi-disciplinary organisation in a role covering both management and financial accounting.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'