Robert Walters are excited to be working exclusively with Missguided; a £200m T/O growing multi-channel fashion retailer, operating under the Missguided Brand both on line, through wholesale and retail stores and the Mennace Brand for Menswear. The business is constantly evolving and the finance department must evolve with the business. The business has recently implemented SAP to provide a system to enable it to operate across multiple channels and a system fit for the larger business to operate. To support the finance department in this next stage, we require a new member being a senior management accountant. The new role will work closely with existing members of the function taking over responsibility for the completion of the monthly management accounts.
As Senior Management Accountant, you would be expected to carry out the following duties & responsibilities;
- Managing daily & weekly reports
- Responsibility for all areas of the P&L and balance sheet, producing monthly management accounts with variance analysis & commentary
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and on time
- Working within the accounts team ensuring all monthly management accounts are produced on time
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, whilst also supporting the Finance Director and Head of Finance to help understand and business partner in all areas of the business
- Developing and implementing SAP
- Ensure reconciliations completed each month
- Produce and review overhead budgets & forecasts
- Any ad hoc reporting and analysis where required
- Assist with the development of the overall accounts team with direct management of 2 Management Accountants
The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to make an impression in a role that will allow them to undertake a path to senior management. Candidates must be;
- A qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or international equivalent) with 1-2 years post qualification experience
- From a retail/FMCG/wholesale/volume manufacturing/e-commerce organisation that will have had exposure to handling stock
- Experienced in managing others
- Experienced in using SAP
- Advanced user of excel with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data and report back
If you'd like more information on the role, please apply for the job using an up to date CV.
Any third party applications will be sent directly to Robert Walters.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job