Our client is a well established service and distribution business based in North Nottinghamshire They are looking for a Senior Management Accountant to support the Head of Finance as a number two in Finance. This is a newly created role and will require you to be a confident and commercially aware Accountant. This is a fast paced people oriented business and so the client needs a person who can deal with constant and changing challenges. You will also need to be able to multi task and make sure you are getting the most out of the team.
Your duties will include:
- Managing a team of 9 including 3 Part Qualified people
- Producing full set of management accounts including sales analysis, profitability reporting and pricing analysis
- Reviewing P&L's as well as balance sheets
- Cashflow management
- Assisting with budgeting and variance analysis
- Process and system improvement and integration
- Statutory returns including VAT and Corporation tax
- Various ad hoc operational projects
Who should apply?
The right candidate will have a can do attitude with experience of managing a team (including appraisals and personal development plans). This role will suit someone who is either nearly qualified or qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and you will need good IT skills including Ms Excel. You will need to be self sufficient and able to deal with ad hoc tasks on a daily basis without them impacting on your day job. In return our client is offering you a chance to take ownership and put your stamp on a newly created role. Looking to offer £35,000 - £40,000
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.