We are currently recruiting for a well-established business based in St Helens who are looking for a solid Management Accountant to join their finance team and report directly into the FD. The role will be involved in all aspects of the business from a month end reporting perspective, and will require the candidate to work autonomously across all departments within the business. The role does offer the opportunity to progress and develop into the Financial Controller for the site for the right candidate.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including full commentary for the board of Directors
- Assist with the budgetary control, expenditure and overhead management
- Work closely with the warehouse and production managers in order to provide tighter controls around stock management and movements
- Develop the variance analysis and KPIs around manufacturing costs (labour, material variance, overhead management)
- Responsible for the HMRC/VAT submissions
- Produce all the monthly payroll calculations across the company ready for final review
The role would suit a candidate who has already gained a solid background within the month end reporting cycle but wants to gain more autonomy in a wider business sense. You will work alongside both finance and non-finance personnel and challenge variances where appropriate, influencing decision makers in the wider business. You will be nearly/newly qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) and have some solid experience in the month end processes, improving controls where necessary, preferably within manufacturing.
- Management Accounts
- Variance Analysis