SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT £55K+ RESTAURANT ACCOUNTANCY Co London
SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT £50K+ RESTAURANT ACCOUNTANCY Co London
"PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN HOSPITALITY/RESTAURANT ACCOUNTANCY REQUIRED".
*EXPANDING COMPANY WITH PROGRESSION GUARANTEED FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.*
- Weekly Flash Reports
- Accurate Sales Analysis
- Cost of Sales
- Stock consumed for Food and Beverage
- Accurate Wage Costs
- Analyse and correct where necessary the four weekly/fortnightly Payroll for both house and tronc pay and forward to the payroll bureau for processing, and check the returning Payroll to ensure that it agrees with the amounts authorised for payment.
- The Restaurant Accountant will ensure that the entries in the accounting records for gross pay and PAYE and NI deductions are reconciled to the four weekly payroll reports. Periodic payment of PAYE and NI will be reconciled to payroll reports to ensure that the correct payments are being made.
- The Restaurant Accountant may take over the four-weekly payroll processing, and payment of all wages should staffing levels or work-loads permit
- Working with the Restaurant Managers the Restaurant Accountant will control payroll costs in the Restaurants to the agreed budget plan, bringing to the attention of the General Managers any variances on a weekly basis.
- The Restaurant Accountant will assist in the design, maintenance and checking of weekly food, beverage and consumable stock sheets in order to establish that the consumption of stocks reconciles to the sale of stock
- The Restaurant Accountant will be responsible for correct bank reconciliation and cash and credit card reconciliation on a weekly basis
- The Restaurant Accountant will keep the members informed of the Cash Flow Situation by producing a periodic cash flow report
- The Restaurant Accountant will prepare management accounts with analysis of accruals, prepayments, over heads and fixed asset register.
- The Restaurant Accountant will perform transaction posting on purchase ledger, sales ledger and nominal ledger.
Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment
Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills
Must possess excellent knowledge of Sage Line 50
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products in particular Excel and Outlook
Must have at least three years’ work experience of working in restaurant accounting
Must be able to work under pressure
Given that the candidate will be required to work at the client’s premises from time to time, they must be presentable.
Manage financial systems to ensure that all records are properly maintained in accordance with generally accepted financial principles.
Review control procedures and take relevant action to ensure that effective procedures are in place to maintain the integrity of financial data.
Manage the cash flow procedure to ensure that sufficient cash balances exist to meet key payments on due dates.
Manage the proper recording and reporting of client restaurant’s sales, purchase and nominal ledgers
Manage the proper recording and reporting of client restaurant fixed asset registers.
Responsible for ensuring that all Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled regularly and to prepare appropriate Balance Sheet reporting for the Members.
Provide advice and assistance on financial issues, regulatory documents, propriety and accountability across the organisation.
Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts for client restaurant companies by way of performing an internal audit
Ensuring that accounting reporting requirements are met and accounts finalised within agreed time frames.
Ensure proper accounting and reporting of financial and statutory accounts.
Finance Systems and Procedures
Identify, direct and implement the development of new financial systems, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and financial control.
Work closely with the out sourced Management Accounts provider to achieve the approval of year-end accounts and production of statutory accounts for the Company.
Review any audit recommendations and implement actions necessary to achieve improvements to control procedures and financial management.
Manage the development of relevant training programmes for non-financial managers.
Make suggestions to improve the working situation within own area of work as a whole.
Co-operate with measures introduced to ensure there is Equality of Opportunity.
Comply with all aspects of the Company Health and Safety Policy and arrangements.
Adhere to the Company’s standards of behaviour and implement any relevant organisational HR, IT and finance policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
- Management Accountant
- Management Accounts
- Cluster Management
- Client Liaison
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"