Our client is a prestigious high-volume manufacturing company based in Newcastle. They are a genuine employer of choice in the region due to their location, brand quality, career opportunities for growth and progression, and overall providing a supportive, collaborative and team-based culture, where you will enjoy being at work, with flexible working hours provided, as well as other excellent employee benefits. Due to a retirement they are looking to provide a very generous handover period, where you will work closely with the present incumbent to learn all aspects of the job role, and to ensure a complete knowledge transfer. We believe this is an outstanding career opportunity for the right person.
- To ensure that all areas comply with Regulatory guidelines and expectations and be point of contact for Global Trade Compliance.
- Subject Matter Expert for export regulations and all export related queries.
- Subject Matter Expert for inbound & outbound freight.
- Point of contact for Global Trade Compliance / ensure export processes and declarations are consistent with current requirements.
- Continually review, improve and, when needed, produce new Standing Operating Procedures to maintain and further encourage standard working practices.
- Conduct investigations on serious Inventory defects, Deviations, and Customer Complaints to continually improve processes.
- Demonstrate Leadership Behaviours to sponsor and sustain a Lean environment, empowerment and continuous improvement. Develop systems and culture to correctly identify root causes for defining and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure that business processes comply with Regulatory financial requirements.
- Act as the Security Manager for the site in terms of the Department for Transport Known Consignor Scheme and maintain qualification.
- Safety and Compliance.
- Responsible for Site Trade Compliance position.
- Responsible for SOP adherence training and revision as necessary.
- Performance and Continuous Improvement.
- Provide data to identify and facilitate Continuous Improvement opportunities within the warehouse.
- Improve own business processes.
- Complete all CAPAs in timely fashion.
- Strong Export Control/Management experience.
- Good understanding of and interpretation of Global Trade Compliance.
- Ensure full compliance with regard to Global Trade alerts, Inventory management, SAP and ERP system use.
- Management of freight providers and freight bill auditing.
- Fully conversant with customs requirements.
- Project work fulfilment and management.
- Continuous Improvement and application of lean methodology.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills.
- Good level of knowledge of office applications, particularly Excel.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - ideal.