My client are changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, they help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
They are disruptive. They work hard but try not to take themselves too seriously. The team are highly adaptable and constantly evolving but most of all they are passionate about their product and customers..
They are currently seeking a number of Systems Administrators. As key members of the Systems Administration team within Operations Engineering, you will be responsible for administration and operations of the global cloud infrastructure that runs the SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be at the core of running a Cloud SaaS platform that scales to millions of users! The Cloud Operations Engineering team is responsible for availability and efficiency of the server infrastructure that runs the platform, while consuming and deploying products that have been newly developed by engineering teams. Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for….
What you get to do in this role:
- Identifying and addressing issues escalated, toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution.
- Driving popular problems to resolution with the corresponding internal stakeholders, whilst working on edge cases for implementation based issues.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems administration and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving documentation.
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures parallel to a scalable and sustainable model.
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders along with the exposure, documentation and hands-on training.
- In creating quality of the Cloud service, identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency.
In order to be successful in this role, we will have:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration and engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks.
- Previous direct exposure to administrating fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Tungsten or similar technologies
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing (VPN exposure is a huge plus)
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
The client are looking to pay £60,000 - £65,000 base salary + up to 15% bonus + equity in the company and a comprehensive benefits package that INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD THINK OF!
To apply please send an up to date CV in the first instance, I have interview slots to fill.