This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a busy family run independent Estate & Letting Agency in Billericay Reporting to the Directors, candidates will be responsible for the daily running of the Lettings and Property Management department and will be expected to have a minimum of five years of experience within a Lettings environment, ARLA qualification is preferred not essential but own car is required.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm and Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm (with a day off during the week)
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximize office income including the retention of properties and clients.
- Handle incoming calls from tenants and landlords and manage all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with landlords, contractors and tenants for works to be carried out on properties.
- Monitor the progress of all maintenance issues to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed. Complete property management notes in the system to track progress of maintenance jobs and to maintain a full audit trail.
- Monitor contractors performance and approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Arrange repairs in order of priority and in accordance with Grace & Rose’s terms of business and ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords and tenants is maintained.
- Arrange gas and electrical safety certificates, smoke/CO alarm installations, EPCs, deposit registrations, non-resident landlord’s authority and all other landlord obligations, required by law, to ensure that landlords and managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Manage tenancy renewals process and arrange signing of new ASTs.
- For new tenancies, arrange inventories, professional cleans, repairs, ASTs and other tenancy documentation, set-up within the system and liaise with both tenant and landlord throughout.
- Handle the Check-In process of new tenants, notify utility companies and councils of the change of occupants.
- For tenancies that are ending, handle the Check-out process and liaise with landlord and tenant.
- Arrange deposit return or deductions as appropriate and all related issues. Handle deposit dispute negotiations and attend court on behalf of Landlord if requested.
- Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas and electrical safety inspections, interim inspection visits and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
- Liaise with the Property Team on a daily basis.
- Handle any overflow business with regards to call handling, carrying out viewings and property inspection visits.
- Informing the Directors of any ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
- From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Property Management
Required licences or certifications:
- ARLA - An advantage
- Driving License
Benefits - Private Medical Care
- Property Management