Our client is seeking a Lettings and Property Management individual to join their family orientated Estate and Lettings agency. The ideal candidate will have several years of Lettings and Property experience with desirable qualifications including ARLA, to join their team in a senior management role.
Daily duties will revolve around the running of the Lettings and Property management department whilst reporting back to the Directors, therefore a background in the industry is compulsory. The ideal candidate will be able to add value to the business whilst thinking of new ways to improve company performance and efficiency.
This is not a sales orientated lettings position however the candidate will be required to have exceptional communication skills.
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000pa, private medical insurance, 20 days holiday plus extra time allowed during Christmas and Easter. The company also close at weekends during bank holidays. There is no parking on site.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm and Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm (with a day off during the week).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate a high standard of professionalism at all times.
- Manage the portfolio in order to maximise company income as well as retaining existing properties and clients.
- Liaise with contractors, landlords and tenants to ensure appropriate works are carried out.
- Monitor the progress of any maintenance issues to ensure correct procedures are followed, whilst maintaining a full audit and noting on to inhouse system.
- Approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Prioritise any incoming issues and efficiently handle them in accordance with our clients protocols.
- Act promptly with excellent communication skills.
- Arrange gas and electrical safety certificates, smoke/CO alarm installations, EPCs, deposit registrations, non-resident landlord's authority and all other landlord obligations, required by law, to ensure that landlords and managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Manage tenancy renewals process and arrange signing of new ASTs.
- Arrange inventories, professional cleans, repairs, ASTs and other tenancy documentation, set-up within the system and liaise with both tenant and landlord throughout.
- Handle the check-in and check-out process of tenants whilst liaising with landlords.
- Manage the inhouse diary system to ensure that all gas and electrical safety inspections, interim inspection visits and renewals are completed on time.
- When required to do so, handle any overflow business i.e call handling, viewings and visits.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.
- estate agent