Position: Senior Legal Secretary (Commercial)
Salary: 25K - 28K
Our client is actively looking for an experienced legal secretary to provide full time secretarial and administrative support to the Commercial legal team.
General Responsibilities include:
- To provide excellent secretarial support to the Commercial legal team and ensure clients experience excellent service
- To carry out any typing as required conjunction with normal duties.
- Ensure that all letters and communications are completed accurately and on time.
- Assist the team with post and communications as requested
- To carry out any photocopying and deal with any faxes and emails required
- To maintain each client file in a proper manner and the secretary will be required to record and assist in the opening and closing of all files including the preparation of forms and paperwork necessary for the conduct of client files
- To arrange appointments where necessary using Outlook. To liaise with the client on behalf of the fee-earners either directly or by telephone and deal with any queries relevant to the client, and this may involve taking instructions from the client on behalf of the team.
- To maintain an efficient diary system for the fee-earners using Outlook. To carry out the normal day to day secretarial duties as directed by the fee-earners
- To carry out any reasonable duties as may be directed by the Partners or the management of the firm
Skills and Experience:
- Computer literate. Sound working knowledge of Microsoft office, primarily Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint (required for presentations)
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills
- Legal secretarial experience required
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, used to working as a team player
- Exceptional organisational ability with sound methodology, including planning and follow through on issues
- Excellent prioritisation and highly developed proactivity
- Excellent telephone manner with internal and external clients
- Ability to use a document management system / willingness to learn
- Ability to deal with client enquiries when fee-earners are out of the office, forwarding the call to the appropriate fee-earner within the team
- Document Management