Senior Legal Counsel
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Legal Counsel (Acquisitions, Treasury and Debt Capital Markets) to join our growing team, here at OneSavings Bank. Expectations fo rthis role will be to work in London 3 days per week and Chatham 2 days per week.
OSB are a challenger bank who specialise in specialist lending and retail savings. We’ve experienced significant growth…
As Senior Legal Counsel the key purpose of this role is to advise and support the business on loan portfolio, M&A and secured funding.
- Advise the business on legal issues relating to wholesale banking matters arising from purchases of loan books, in particular efficient processing of non-disclosure agreements (including resourcing the review of NDAs appropriately), bid letter and acquisition agreement drafting, due diligence and reporting on warranties, ancillary drafting, pre and post-completion support.
- Advise on wholesale banking transactions such as secured funding lines, securitisations and collateralised funding arrangements and joint funding arrangements, including engagement letters, non-disclosure agreements, due diligence, principal and ancillary documents and pre and post completion support.
- Provide any other legal assistance that is required by the Head of Legal and/or Group General Counsel & Company Secretary across a broad range of matters.
- Advise the bank’s Treasury function on its day to day and project matters including swaps, derivatives, repos, Central Clearing and EMIR.
Why come to work for us?
You’d be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth, with ongoing opportunity for career progression.
The role is based in Chatham, Kent which offers a corporate yet friendly working environment.You will have a main office base but we have 3 head offices in Chatham and travel will be expected between these on a regular basis.
The added extras
- The salary associated with the role would be based on your relevant experience, with the range being between £70,000 and £80,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Access to discounts from Perkbox
- Holiday Purchase Scheme - ability to purchase an additional 5 days holiday
- An annual 15% discretionary bonus opportunity
Am I suitable for this role?
You’ll be a motivated, customer focused and conscientious individual who is able to say 'yes’ to the following questions:
- Do you have significant experience as a qualified lawyer in the areas of corporate and banking law?
- Do you have previous experience gained in either private practice or an in-house legal environment or a combination of the two?
- Do you have detailed knowledge of Loan Market Association documents, other forms of facility and security documentation and other standard documents relating to loan book acquisitions, structured finance and derivatives?
- Do you have detailed knowledge of securitisation?
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If so and you’re interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply’ button and send us your CV.
- Financial Services
- qualified lawyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'