We are now looking for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to join our Legal team here at Endsleigh, during this busy and exciting period of growth and transformation.Role
The Senior Legal Counsel will provide professional, independent and appropriate legal advice to support the commercial operation of the businesses, by minimising legal and reputation risks. They will also assist the Head of Legal to monitor budget for external legal spend relating to Endsleigh work. Some key accountabilities for the Senior Legal Counsel will include:
- To deliver to specific agreed objectives for the year
- To ensure that advice accurately reflects applicable laws, regulations and practice.
- To identify and overcome legal issues with project or transaction proposals.
- To mitigate legal risk and assist with commercial risk mitigation and regulatory compliance.
- To actively detect and resolve material legal and regulatory issues.
- To work closely and in cooperation with the Endsleigh Compliance & Risk Teams.
The Senior Legal Counsel will work as part of the Endsleigh Legal Team to develop and drive forward Endsleigh's Strategic objectives. The successful candidate will be or have:
- A qualified solicitor (minimum 5 years PQE) with practical legal experience in financial services, commercial law, litigation experience an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant industry practices
- Proven Legal skills (preferable with some prior In-House experience)Financial awareness/ commercial acumen
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation/ GDPR
- Insurance distribution deals/ TOBA’s advisory and drafting skills (preferable but not an absolute requirement)
- Insurance claims and complaints handling, commercial dispute resolution experience (preferable but not an absolute requirement)
- Competition law and IP law (preferable but not an absolute requirement)
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with ability to adapt style to suit audience.
- Ability to build relationships and create a climate of trust.
- Comprehensive advocacy skills coupled with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Ability to proactively seek new solutions and to challenge the status quo.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by a highly social team culture and competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years’ service, and rising again to 12% in year 10. In addition we have a Life Assurance scheme and a number of additional benefits through our Flexible Benefits Scheme.
You will start with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and receive private healthcare for yourself (you can add your family on through flexible benefits if you wish).
Our Head Office site also has excellent facilities including various lunch and cafe options, a gym and other sporting facilities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job