We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Legal Advisor to join our client based on the Isle of Man.
The Senior Legal Advisor role is an expansive and varied role, responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating legal, regulatory and corporate governance risks to enable our client's business to achieve strategic and commercial goals in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to protect and preserve our clients tangible and intangible assets.
- Support the General Counsel on corporate insurance transactional matters, including reinsurance, M&A, company re-organisations and Portfolio Transfers
- Contribute to and support the strategy for structuring, negotiating and resolving local legal issues in respect of insurance and reinsurance products sold in various jurisdictions to multi-national entities.
- Promote the practice of the organisational values, ethical and responsible business conduct
- Ensure legal advice accurately reflects applicable laws and regulations
- Proactively detect and resolve material legal and regulatory issues.
- Report on and escalate material legal and regulatory risks and issues
- Address potential conflicts between management and legal entity view
- Support management in developing open and transparent relationships with key stakeholders which is consistent with the organisation values and compliant with the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Actively monitor and report on legal trends. Develop and maintain external networks with key individuals, associations, and regulatory authorities in the financial and insurance industry; keep abreast of industry developments and actively monitor legal trends, so as to anticipate the business impact of regulatory changes, prepare appropriate responses and support the business in defining actions as seen fit.
Your skills and experience:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with 5+PQE experience.
- Experience of Life and General Insurance transactions
- International insurance business/ Capital markets/ longevity/ reinsurance experience preferred but not essential
- Private Practice experience
- M&A experience
- Insurance reorganisation experience
- Ideally top law firm training
- Insurance and, ideally, FS experience
In return, our client is offering an attractive salary of £67,000 - £95,000 dependant on experience, 15% bonus, reward share, healthcare, 25 days holiday + 10 Isle of Man Bank Holidays, 12% pension, car or car allowance, 4x salary death in service and income protection.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Services
- International M&A
- Legal Advice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'