Senior Legal Advisor - Technology
YouView require a qualified technology/commercial lawyer to support a wide range of legal activities across the business.
This role would suit:
-A self-starter who is already working in-house but wants to develop their general legal knowledge in a collegiate and collaborative environment; and
-A mid-level, self-motivated lawyer who is not afraid of autonomy and who is looking to make their mark in a growing tech business.
This role will report in to the YouView Legal Director and will work alongside a junior lawyer.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work alongside the Legal Director by supporting various workstreams through the provision of expert advice in a variety of areas;
- Own and manage YouView’s commercial contracts portfolio, by taking the lead on contract creation, review and negotiation with vendors/suppliers and all parts of YouView’s ecosystem including ISPs and manufacturers;
- Draft and negotiate technology contracts (SaaS, cloud infrastructure, software licences);
- Advise on consumer facing law;
- Advise on data protection issues;
- Consult on and continue to define YouView’s IPR framework;
- Contribute as a member of YouView’s senior management team; and
- Manage YouView’s internal risk committee and report to a sub-committee of the shareholder group on the changing risk profile of YouView.
The successful candidate:
- Qualified lawyer with 4-6 years’ post qualification experience or equivalent;
- Direct experience in negotiating technology, SaaS and cloud infrastructure contracts;
- Experience of handing consumer law issues;
- Experience in data protection law and its application within a consumer-driven, data-rich environment;
- Excellent analytical, team-working and communication skills;
- An ability to understand and respond to the varied needs of different stakeholder and/or shareholders across projects;
- A passion for delivering excellence;
- Confidence in working autonomously and managing projects alongside business lead;
- An understanding of broadcasting technology (helpful though not essential).
Benefits of working for YouView
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Central London location
- Tech start up environment (beer & demos)
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase programme
- Season Ticket
- Free YouView Set Top Box
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
To be considered for this role, please click on "Apply via recruiter website" where you will be redirected to our career page to complete a quick application form. All the best!
- IT law
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'