JDI Legal are currently instructed on behalf of a forward thinking and progressive award winning law firm to recruit an experienced Legal Cashier for their busy accounts dept.
This is likely to be working from their Newcastle office but also some remote working is possible also.
Its a full time role working 9-5pm and the opportunity to be part of a busy accounts department.
The role will involve delivering a first class service to include:
• To support the operation of the client and business accounting systems, adhering to the firm’s finance policies and procedures at all times.
• To manage and be responsible for all daily legal cashiering duties, reconciliation of the firm’s bank accounts, including the monitoring of any unpresented items.
• To manage and be responsible for all daily requests of client related receipts and payments in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules, the firm’s Finance Policies & Procedures Manual, and the firm’s anti-money laundering policy ensuring deadlines are met at all times.
• To ensure that all client withdrawals are in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules 2019, and client account is never overdrawn.
• To manage and be responsible for the production of all client billing as requested by the fee earners, and as required in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
• To manage and be responsible for the daily transfer of any client funds that are authorised for transfer to the business account.
• To manage and be responsible for the submission, processing of and reconciliation of the firm’s legal aid matters.
• To show complete awareness and understanding of money laundering, being vigilant at all times, in particular when verifying incoming and outgoing monies.
• To show complete awareness and understanding of cybercrime, being vigilant at all times.
• To be courteous at all times when dealing directly with clients and work colleagues.
• To ensure that all authorised client related supplier invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
• To support the operation of the firm’s credit control system.
• To manage the firm’s petty cash and banking requirements.
• To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
Candidates MUST be working in a busy accounts dept of a law firm currently those that have studied the ILFM and have experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules are encouraged to apply.
- Credit Control
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'