Reporting to: Academic Director
Subjects of lecturing: Business & Management/Tourism Management
Pay rate: £34,000 - £40,000; dependent on experience
Location: Holborn Campus, London
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) is an established provider of Higher Education. The College currently operates from five campuses across London and has a growing student population.
The College primarily offers Pearson BTEC Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) in Business, Computing and Systems Development, Travel and Tourism Management, Health and Social Care and professional AAT Accounting courses. Our courses provide students with opportunities for career advancement and personal development. Our students are Home and EU nationals from a diverse background.
UKCBC has a partnership with Bath Spa University to deliver degree provision to level 6 and this is a growing provision within the institution. This role will primarily focus on the degree provision, although there will be some requirement to teach and provide support for the HND provision.
On this occasion, we are particularly looking for tutors who have an interest in more than one of the following areas:
- leadership & management; strategic HRM
- organisational strategy
- business environment
- economics & globalisation (level 4)
- managing sustainability
- enterprise & business start-up
- managing data (level 4)
- Deliver high standards of teaching and learning; contributing up to 18 hours of teaching per week.
- Ensuring timely assessment and feedback to students.
- Supervise student projects and dissertations
- Provide learning support and studies advice to students, including maintaining e-learning resources for the module.
- Contribute to personal professional development programme sessions as timetabled.
- Module leadership - which includes development of materials for designated modules, ensuring marking is undertaken in a timely fashion and to a high standards, collection of feedback and production of module reports for designated modules and attendance at relevant subject board(s). Module leaders are also expected to co-ordinate the module team and work alongside counterparts in partner institutions to ensure seamless provision and delivery of modules, where appropriate.
- Work with other Module Leaders, Programme Leaders and Academic Managers to ensure high standards of teaching and learning are continuously achieved across the programme.
- Strive for enhancing student success and satisfaction rates and contribute to institutional success and satisfaction.
- Undertake internal moderation and other quality assurance requirements.
- Engage in scholarship as required to support teaching activities and continually update knowledge. This may include undertaking research and presenting or publishing in relevant media.
- Participate in staff development activities and the peer observation scheme.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the management team in order to meet specific academic and administrative requirements.
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum two years’ teaching and assessment experience on UK degree programmes.
- Teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards completion.
- Commitment to and understanding of the development of students of diverse backgrounds.
- Passionate about teaching and engaging students.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A strong determination to pursue an academic career
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptably to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- PhD or Professional Doctorate in a relevant subject.
- Experience as Module Leader or Internal Verifier.
- Experience in curriculum design and evaluation.
- Experience teaching Pearson qualifications.
- Network with relevant employers and industry sector related to the specialism.
- Experience of teaching at level 6 and/or M level.