We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor to join our property team!
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help shape property management within Mencap. The Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor will manage all matters relating to Mencap’s leasehold commercial property portfolio, working within Mencap’s risk framework to provide advice on financial, legal, governance, resource or reputational risk on these property matters.
You will be responsible for following the established process to manage from beginning to end all leasehold acquisitions, disposals and renewals, providing technical advice to the operational business units which will allow Mencap to identify appropriate opportunities to maximise income received by property whilst ensuring property outgoings, liability and exposure to risk is kept to a minimum. You will be expected to be aware of changes in law and practice to ensure Mencap are operating in the correct commercial way.
You will be working closely with the Head of Property and a Property Associate to provide vital support on all of Mencap's property matters.
This role is home-based with travel across the UK. The expectation is that you will spend 1-2 days travelling and attendance at our Centre of Engagement in London will be on a fortnightly basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking property searches and inspections when required
- Negotiating heads of terms with Landlords
- Using available data to identify and notify events to the operational business units
- Ensuring the property database is populated with all of Mencap’s property interests
- Taking responsibility for collating this information and producing reports and presentations
- Coaching and supporting the Property Associate to ensure their lease transactions are dealt with appropriately
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining and distributing information in accordance with data protection legislation and Mencap policy requirements
Not been a Senior Lease Advisory Surveyor before? No problem, if you want to progress or take the next step up in your career then we can help! Although the right skills and experience is important to us, so are values. It is essential that you display our 5 values - Positive, Challenging, Caring, Inclusive and Trustworthy.
It is essential that you have an MRICS qualification and experience as an in-house or chartered Surveyor.
To apply, please attach your CV and covering letter.
ID - 12281
- Chartered Surveyors
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job