Senior Lead Technician (HGV/Heavy Plant Mechanic) BLUS72848
Our client is looking for a Senior Lead Technician to join them at Birmingham Airport (BHX) to maintain, diagnose and repair their vehicles and Ground Service Equipment (GSE).
In the role you will:
- Assist the Supervisor to manage the fleet workshop in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, by compiling and developing risk assessments and Safe Systems of work.
- Deputise for the workshop supervisor in their absence
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and adhere to the relevant risk management standards
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical fault finding and complex component repair - providing support and mentoring to technicians and semi-skilled staff.
- Be responsible for all aspects of repair and maintenance of Swissport vehicles and allocated equipment, including deployment and management of all workshop and administration staff within the designated area of responsibility.
To be successful you will have:
- A Technical Apprenticeship to NVQ level 3
- At least 7 years’ post apprenticeship experience in HGV/Heavy Plant/Construction equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate an advanced level of diagnostic/trouble shooting ability.
- Flexible to work on various shifts and physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift to 25kg throughout a shift
- A good level of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic engineering experience.
A full valid UK driving licence is essential whilst previous experience working in an aviation environment is advantageous.
Our client is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. They employ over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents and they deliver unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. They strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that they undertake.
Their mission is simple - "To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience".
This role will involve working Mon-Fri 08:00-16:00, with standby call out (the shift will change when covering the Supervisor’s).
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'