Job Title: Senior Laboratory Chemist
Location: Winchester, Hampshire, UK
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a global and fast expanding business, their company is looking for an experienced Process Safety Chemist to work in their Chemical Reaction Hazards Laboratory. The successful candidate will undertake chemical processing and testing using thermal screen and colorimetry equipment to provide safety and scale-up data on chemical reactions.
They will be expected to lead in developing this service for their international client base focusing on solutions for Chemical, Pharmaceutical and other manufacturing industries.
- Undertake Chemical Thermal Screening and Chemical Reaction hazard Analysis
- Data analysis
- Report writing
- Sample Preparation and testing
- Sample chemical receipt and storage
- Laboratory hygiene
- Chemical / mixture disposal
- Liaising with clients on technical testing requirements
- Support for their fire and explosion physical properties laboratory
- Supporting Business Development with client enquiries
- Chasing outstanding quotes or samples
Key Requirements (Skills):
- Graduate Chemist with commercial process scale-up experience
- Experience with chemical scale-up processes and laboratory testing using Carius, ARC, DSC, ARSST, RC1, VSP2 or equivalent
- Good IT proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good communicator
- Understanding of DIERS calculations.
- Familiarity with ISO 17025:2017
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Confident telephone manner
- Candidates must be authorised to live and work in the UK
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Candidates must live or be prepared to relocate (at their own expense), to within commuting distance of Winchester, UK
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Chemist, Scientist, Laboratory Manager, Chemical Manufacturing Technician, Lab Technician, Chemical Manager, Formulation Chemist, Chemical Engineer, Laboratory Technician, Lab Engineer, Chemist, Laboratory Engineer, Lab Manager, Chemistry Technician, Laboratory Technician, Chemical Technician, Manufacturing Chemist may also be considered for this role.
- Chemical Engineer
- Laboratory Technician
- Lab Manager
- Laboratory Manager
- Senior Chemist
- Lab Technician
- Formulation Chemist
- Lab Engineer
- Laboratory Engineer
- Chemical Manufacturing Technician
- Chemical Manager
- Chemistry Tech
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'